The world has been affected and paralyzed by a new coronavirus with origin in Wuhan (China) in 2019, called COVID-19.
People who are infected by this virus can present dry cough, fever, excessive tiredness and headache, but in some cases, the illness can become worse. However, there are also asymptomatic people, a circumstance that requires all of us even greater caution and a sense of responsibility.
The safety of both our staff and each of our customers and suppliers is important to us.
This is why we have decided to create a SAFETY PROTOCOL to prevent the spread of COVID-19, based on the norms and recommendations published by the EU, WHO and other relevant entities:
The use of masks is mandatory both for our staff and for customers and suppliers. In case of not having any, it will be supplied by MARBELLA RENT A CAR. Gloves are not mandatory, but may be recommended. We will have hydroalcoholic gel dispensers available for our clients and visitors in order to disinfect their hands upon arrival at our facilities.
In our offices there will be (transparent) protection screens in each workplace / computer stationthat will be used. The minimum distance to keep between people is 2 meters. In any case there must be a maximum of 2 clients in the office, the main drivers only.
CLEANING AND HYGIENE PROCEDURE FOR OUR VEHICLES:
The vehicles on our fleet are always clean and in excellent condition for the customer. However, we have added more measures to ensure that the cars are in perfect conditions of hygiene: They will be cleaned ianside and outside, hoovered and polished. After polishing, all the contact areas of the car will be disinfected with a special product for care and disinfection of surfaces. The product will be especially applied to: Steering wheel, turn signals, gears, handbrake, radio, antenna, controls, air conditioning, interior and exterior door handles, belts, vents, glove box, rear-view mirror, etc. After disinfection, the steering wheel, gears, handbrake, seats are sealed with plastic, and a paper for the feet will be placed on the floor.
All accessories such as baby / booster seats, navigators, snow chains, etc., will be provided fully disinfected.
TRANSPORT / TRANSFER:
Regarding our minibus (“shuttle bus”) which is used for the transfer of our clients at Malaga airport, the following new regulations will be implemented:
- Customers will have to go directly to the stop of said minibus / courtesy bus, since for health safety reasons the “ meet and greet service” is eliminated until further notice.
- Only persons from the same reservation can be transported at a time.
- No one must sit in the front with the driver.
- Two passengers are allowed in each row of seats, and everybody must wear a mask.
Regarding reservations with delivery of the vehicle to a hotel, aparthotel, private address or another place other than our offices, the client will receive the vehicle completely sanitized, with plastic protectors on the steering wheel and driver’s seat to avoid contact. These plastics will be removed in the presence of the client and the used protection material will be destroyed afterwards. If necessary, the interior surfaces will again be sprayed with a disinfectant before the car will finally be taken over by the client.
At MARBELLA RENT A CAR we care about your health and well-being, so we recommend that you follow some basic rules:
- Wash hands frequently, even before leaving the house, when you are in contact with the outside, before eating and after doing any activity outside your hotel or place of residence.
- Do not touch your eyes or face: This virus is easily spread by the number of times we touch our face and eyelids a day.
- Maintain a safe distance: at least two meters away from anyone is ideal.
- Follow the protocols recommended by health professionals.
- Report your health: If you think you have been infected with COVID-19, we recommend not to have any contact with your loved ones or other people, putting on a mask and calling a health professional as soon as possible.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, we recommend covering yourself with a handkerchief despite wearing a mask, or at least putting your elbow flexed over your mouth and nose.